If you are thinking of visiting the Lake District and Windermere this year, why not book a romantic cottage holiday?
Windermere is the most popular destination for over 16 million visitors to the Lakes each year. Whether you want to take part in the Great North Swim, visit the Lake District Visitor Centre, Brockhole, sail across the lake or relax in your luxurious Windermere cottage with hot tub, this part of the Lakes provides a wide choice of things to see and do.
Easily accessible from the north or the south of England, Windermere is one of the most naturally beautiful spots in Cumbria and offers visitors some of the most stunning scenery in Cumbria.
The top 10 reasons to book a romantic cottage in Windermere include:
- Book a cottage with a hot tub and spa bath so you can unwind and relax with your loved one. Many cottages have luxury bathrooms and state-of-the-art facilities.
- Windermere is one of the most romantic of all the lakes, and there are plenty of things to see and do in Bowness and Windermere, including great restaurants, pubs, cinemas and boat trips.
- Enjoy the freedom of staying in a cottage as opposed to a hotel room. You can get up when you wish, luxuriate in your own surroundings and enjoy all the delights of Windermere within a ten minute walk.
- Some Romantic Windermere cottages have log burning stoves so you can snuggle up on chilly nights.
- Windermere is the largest lake in England and offers a host of activities.
- By choosing a self-catering property you are not at the beck and call of anyone else and you won’t have to dash back to the hotel for dinner.
- Not many hotels can be a home away from home, and it’s not always easy to relax when you know you’re surrounded by other people and families just centimetres away on the other side of the walls.
- The privacy and comfort afforded by a cottage or apartment is beyond compare.
- Luxurious self-catering accommodation in Windermere usually comes with a DVD player, a garden, and a whole host of tips for things to do right on the doorstep.
- A self-catering cottage in Windermere will provide everything you need for a relaxed holiday.